Sunday, October 10, 2010

It's never too late to set resolutions

Inspired by my dear friend Emily over at Emily is now I have decided I need to make some resolutions. Indeed I am resolved to make resolutions. Surely this is redundant...? 
Anyway. I'm going to keep the list short and try to keep my goals achievable and measurable rather than inspirational and lofty, because I'll be taking stock at the end of the year and seeing how well I've done. I'm going to break it down into categories to keep my scientific brain satisfied. 


Creative 
1) Post to this blog at least once a week...
2) ...preferably with a photo to keep things interesting and to keep me taking photos
Work and study: 
3) Submit two more articles for publication before the end of the year 
4) Read all the popular non-fiction (ie, not proper scholarly publication level) obesity, food and ethics books I've bought but not read yet 
Health and wellness: 
5) Attend at least five exercise classes per week: yoga, pilates, zumba, spin, pump
6) Eat mostly whole foods  
Environment & Ethics: 
7) Purchase the most ethically produced meat and animal products we can source and go veggo when there are no ethical meat options available 
8) Where possible, shop at Farmer's markets. Aim to visit a Farmer's market once a month as a starting point. 
Family & Friends
9) Stay in touch with my brothers more. Even just a text message, but some form of contact at least once a month to start with. 
10) Send Christmas cards to overseas & interstate friends


Wish me luck! 

No comments: